Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Sleep Apnea / CPAP 1st Time Use

431 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by aggiedata
joerobert_pete06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just wanted to share with the group

It was routine for me to wake up in the morning with a headache and it was almost on a daily basis. I got to a point where I thought I was dying and needed to speak to an MD about it. I have a deviated septum and for a long time have had a hard time breathing through my nose and so I figured this was associated with the headaches. I also have allergies and habitually take nasal spray in fear of getting a sinus infection.

I met with an ENT, she performed a ct scan and confirmed that I have sructural issues with my septum. She also noticed that I was missing a frontal sinus cavities behind my forehead, which seemed weird, but she said they never developed for me. Overall, there were no signs of disease in my sinuses and so she suspected sleep apnea as a possible cause.

After a few sleep studies, I got on a cpap full mask and I have to say this has been a game changer. I have not woken up with a headache in months, i'm out like a sack of potatoes when I sleep.... like snapping your fingers and i'm asleep then awake feeling rested. On top of that, I was always waking up with back pain because I tend to sleep on my stomach but now, i'm forced to sleep on my side with the mask... no back pain in the mornings.

Anyone who is considering trying a cpap machine to improve sleep quality and overall health, I would suggest trying it and I would go with the full mask for complete seal around your mouth/nose.
aggiedata
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll never forget my first morning waking up feeling refreshed for the first time in my adult life, maybe my entire life.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.