Sneaker Thread

795,333 Views | 13796 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by fig96
El Gallo Blanco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
agdoc2001 said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

Just the concept of a Kobe "girl dad" shoe hits me in the gut.
I mean, he was still probably a rapist - not sure he should be put on some model father pedestal. I don't have a daughter, but I wouldn't wear those.
He was definitely an adulterer, I don't know about "rapist", but maybe. I don't just blindly believe all women though, especially when it involves an uber wealthy athlete or celebrity.

He just doesn't seem to fit the "rapist" profile, but who knows. And I know with rape there is some grey area. But I also know that some girls can go scorched earth if they feel scorned, guilty or ghosted afterwards.

Regardless, you can make serious mistakes and engage in bad behavior in life and still turn things around and be a much better person 15-16 years later. By all appearances, he became a loviing and devoted father. But just the fact that he and his little girl died in a horrific helicopter crash on the way to attend an event together is what is painful to me, as a girl dad.
vmiaptetr
AG
texag06ish said:

I was fishing with my 2 boys at Blanco State Park when I heard the news. I'll never forget reading that ESPN alert.

As a Spurs fan I always had great respect for Kobe and his competitive nature. After his passing I learned more about him and respected him even more.

What a tragedy.

Yeah, I remember reading the ESPN alert and thinking "Who is Kobe Bryant?"

My mind literally could not process THE Kobe Bryant dying so soon, and like that. I thought there was some other Kobe Bryant that I had never heard of.

I wasn't even a Kobe fan, but it was a shocking moment.
Agristotle
AG
great post. I don't respect his actions that night at all, but if you followed the trial closely, as I did, I'm not sure it rose to "sexual assault."
MW03
AG
I think these were under appreciated
texag06ish
AG
Same for me. I spend a lot of time with my son, supporting his hobbies. Knowing he passed doing that type of thing with his kid makes it tough as a dad.
David_Puddy
AG
Saturday mail call
fig96
AG
HSS, reppin' the Ags for game 1 in the old school Boosts.

First Page Refresh
Page 395 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.