***** THE RIGHTEOUS GEMSTONES SEASON 3 *****

19,256 Views | 170 Replies | Last: 26 days ago by The Porkchop Express
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?

June 18
Carlo4
AG
Looks like we got some more misbehavin'
Hincemm
AG
Steve Zahn
Ag_07
AG
Yes Yes and Yes
javajaws
AG
I was JUST thinking about this last night thinking it should be out sometime soon! Thx for posting.
Bunk Moreland
LFG
JBAggie00
Sturgill Simpson?
javajaws
AG
Tried to watch late last night but they only had the 1 minute teaser listed. Did this release or not?

Oh, and the new Max app...sucks. Its worse than the old HBO app.
InnocentBystander99
AG
javajaws said:

Tried to watch late last night but they only had the 1 minute teaser listed. Did this release or not?

Oh, and the new Max app...sucks. Its worse than the old HBO app.

Both episodes were available at 9pm for me.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Loved both episodes. I need that gif of all three of them sucking their thumbs.
walton91
Watched the first one tonight, so great. The interaction between all the kids but especially Jesse and Judy is so freaking hilarious. I can't get enough of it. I missed this show so much
InternetFan02
AG

Picked up right where it left off. Didn't think they could top the God Squad but here we go with the Smut Busters and Keefe getting sick from smoking dildos on the grill
LMCane
dammit have to survive the next 5 weeks over here- just to make it back to HBO.

BARRY and Righteous Gemstones

need to set a calendar reminder so I don't forget.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Kevin's last face he made when all the kids were making faces to each other at the dinner table made me laugh out loud.
Mike Elko
AG
"Sugar-Ray-looking motherf*cker!"
slatermikan
InternetFan02 said:

Picked up right where it left off. Didn't think they could top the God Squad but here we go with the Smut Busters and Keefe getting sick from smoking dildos on the grill
I've watched it already but man if reading that scene in your sentence made me laugh!
BadMoonRisin
AG
What's with that Tan? Cant think of a way he can get that in a normal way unless he is laying prone on the ground with arms out palms down.
TCTTS
AG
slatermikan said:

InternetFan02 said:

I've watched it already but man if reading that scene in your sentence made me laugh!

Same.
TCTTS
AG
Random, probably dumb question...

I absolutely love this show, but does anyone else think that it *might* be even funnier if the Gemstones didn't cuss? Like, if they were the same terrible people, doing the same terrible things, but didn't use profanity for the sake of keeping up appearances? I'm no prude, and I have zero issue with cussing in general - I often find it hilarious - but having grown up in the church, sometimes it takes me out of the show when the leaders of a church are heard dropping so many cuss words in public, around their own staff, and no one seems to care.

Or am I crazy and there's just no way to show people this entitled and batsh*t without having them using all kinds of language?
FL_Ag1998
AG
If they used "Fork!" Or "Fudge!" instead of ****!, like on The Good Place, it would sound funny but I'm not sure it'd fit this show.
Whos Juan
AG
TCTTS said:

I absolutely love this show, but does anyone else think that it *might* be even funnier if the Gemstones didn't cuss? Like, if they were the same terrible people, doing the same terrible things, but didn't use profanity for the sake of keeping up appearances? I'm no prude, and I have zero issue with cussing in general - I often find it hilarious - but having grown up in the church, sometimes it takes me out of the show when the leaders of a church are heard dropping so many cuss words in public, around their own staff, and no one seems to care.

Or am I crazy and there's just no way to show people this entitled and batsh*t without having them using all kinds of language?
If I'm not mistaken, Kelvin rarely curses. I think Danny McBride is contractually obligated to curse like he's on an episode of Deadwood, however.
TCTTS
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

If they used "Fork!" Or "Fudge!" instead of ****!, like on The Good Place, it would sound funny but I'm not sure it'd fit this show.

Yeah, that's what I was wondering, if the substitutes would be worse or not.
ATM9000
AG
TCTTS said:

The point isn't the hypocrisy, it is the mix of confidence, shelteredness and total lack of self awareness. The cursing brings that out.
LMCane
why did I find it laugh out loud hilarious-

when in the last episode of season 2 the guy gets shot in the leg on the beach?!
LMCane
and I have to state a categorical truth:

EASTBOUND AND DOWN is funnier than Righteous Gemstones.

categorical fact.
walton91
Watched Ep2 last night. Was fun to see Sturgill Simpson as a militia member. That shoe scene was freaking hilarious.
walton91
AustinAg2012 said:

"Sugar-Ray-looking motherf*cker!"

This has become my go-to phrase when talking to anyone, from idiots in traffic to our cats
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

Yeah, that's what I was wondering, if the substitutes would be worse or not.
They would be
TX04Aggie
AG
Haha, i forgot how funny this show was. May-May is a nice addition.
GreasenUSA
AG
Awesome episode. I was cracking up nonstop. As always, we need as much Uncle Baby Billy as we can get.

Hallelujah what a payday!

No Baby Billy, we ain't doin this Bonkers bull*****

Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Jesse: Heimlich his ass!

BJ: Lick his what?
TCTTS
AG
So damn funny. I was cracking up throughout as well.

I don't know why, but when Judy told Baby Billy, "Cousins Night is about adult cousins, dog. Ain't no babies," I lost it. Just something about her delivery killed me.

What a great episode.
GreasenUSA
AG
I need to rewatch that episode just for Judy. She had several amazing deliveries.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
TCTTS said:

So damn funny. I was cracking up throughout as well.

I don't know why, but when Judy told Baby Billy, "Cousins Night is about adult cousins, dog. Ain't no babies," I lost it. Just something about her delivery killed me.

What a great episode.

One of the best episodes yet. Danny McBrides son being just as big of a dick, Baby Billy's Bible Bonkers, BJ and Judy's living room painting, Keefe's fire routine, "Heimlich his what?", "Running the church and running arouuund."

My favorite line though happens right after the one you mentioned.

"Hey, Lionel's your cousin, and you will damn well treat him like one. I will not have Baby Lionel miss out on proper cousinship, just cause he's young. Now we gon do cousin night, now."
mavsfan4ever
AG
Who was in the naked picture above the fireplace when Judy was getting mad about the marriage game when she was talking to BJ? At first I thought it was the two of them, but I don't think it was.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.