National top 150 commits to Buzz

9,456 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Tobias Funke
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
247 Sports.
BK Recruiting.
Top 247 - 2024 Player Rankings.

Listed as ranked #146
Method Man
oh was looking at composite. 207
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Not sure why - as I am no recruiting guru or skilled evaluator of talent- but I have a feeling that this kid is going to come through for us and end up being a significant contributor to the Aggies over his college basketball career.

I agree with an earlier poster that if McDermott and Lee can hang in there, develop and be patient, that the mass of departures expected after next season due to expiring eligibility should free up scholarships for both walk-ons.
TopoTacos
AG
We're running back a very senior-laden roster next year, assuming no more unannounced departures. For a guy like McDermott who is in-state and sounds like he's got a solid academic resume, a combination of some academic scholarship funds and a a relative sprinkling of NIL would probably still have him coming out ahead for a year.

I'd imagine Buzz asked him to come in as a PWO, work his tail off, and then laid out how he's setting himself up for a scholly in '25 onwards to be a contributor. Sounds like McDermott was obviously game for that, which is a great way to squeeze in a guy who balled out at Peach Jam and obviously dominated the Houston scene.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Agree completely.

FWIW I finally saw a report of his "commitment" on an online publication unrelated to TexAgs. STILL not sure why 247 doesn't show him as an Aggie recruit (listed in player rankings as #146 - but no school listed).

Again - I'm hoping he shows up, works hard and becomes a contributor!
aggiebones
AG
Doesn't make sense why at top 150 or even 200, why he doesn't have ANY other legit bball offers.

Seems peculiar.
aggiebacker81
Leonard H. Stringfield
aggiebones said:

Doesn't make sense why at top 150 or even 200, why he doesn't have ANY other legit bball offers.

Seems peculiar.
Recruiting is not a strong point with the current staff.
AgEfan
Leonard H. Stringfield said:

aggiebones said:

Seems peculiar.
Recruiting is not a strong point with the current staff.

That's a weird response to us getting the Houston players of the year to come to A&M as a walkon. But all of your posts are weird so I get it.
Tobias Funke
AG
Yeah, one look at this guy's posting history was more than enough for me to decide not to care

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.